Welcome to the planning for another great annual Lindon City Drill! If you are new to this process, thank you for joining us. If you have helped in years past, thank you for a job well-done. We are grateful to each of you and your willingness to participate. The work we have put in over the course of the last 5 years has not only made our city communications drill one-of-a-kind in the entire United States but also very successful. We truly believe it brings us closer as a community: forging relationships, increasing education, improving preparedness, and streamlining processes. The Lindon City Drill continues to aid us as we challenge ourselves to serve every neighbor and respond appropriately to potential disasters.
Thursday(s), Aug 7, 14, 21 and Sept 4, 11 @ 7PM
- Lindon City Drill planning meetings. These will occur every Thursday (starting a week from today) until the week before the drill. Join us at the Lindon City Building (in the courtroom). Attendees may sit and listen or volunteer to help on one of our committees: special needs, publicity/outreach, business and contingency planning, communications, evaluation, or documentation. We welcome city managers, business leaders, Red Cross and CERT liaisons, representatives from the county and other municipalities, and representatives from schools, churches, and civic centers. Within the LDS Church, all emergency specialists at the ward and stake levels, stake communications specialists, and high councilors over em prep are encouraged to attend. These meetings are open to anyone interested, and we would be happy to meet any block captains who want to be a bigger part of the planning process. Meetings will begin promptly at 7PM, be as concise as possible, and will likely become shorter the closer we get to the drill. Initially, plan on 1 hour.
- Thursday, Aug 28 @ 7:00 PM
- Citywide Emergency Drill Training Meeting. All residents are invited, but we specifically request ALL city block captains and neighborhood and area commanders attend. This will replace the normal Thursday evening planning meeting and will be held at the Lindon Community Center at 25 N. Main St. The purpose is to train participants in the specifics of the drill, answer questions, and give a little background to the emergency management process as it intersects business, religious, government and civilian quadrants. We have had excellent attendance in the past and hope to continue that trend.
- Please share this date on calendars and in bulletins and fliers.
- Monday, Sept 15, beginning at 6:00 PM
- Lindon City Drill. This annual communications drill helps us as a community practice for real emergency events. Each year we improve our capability as city members and city managers to respond to disasters. Last year 86% of Lindon's residents participated, an outstanding result, and as always we'd like to do even better this year. The goal is 100%.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Kelly Johnson, MPH
Lindon City Drill Coordinator 2014
CERT | Red Cross | Medical Reserve Corps
for the Drill Down for Safety Page