Historic Preservation Commission Opening
The Lindon City Historic Preservation Commission is seeking residents who are interested in serving as members of the Commission. The group oversees annual community events and works to identify, recognize, and preserve the history of Lindon City and its residents. If you are interested in volunteering as a member or have questions regarding the Commission, please submit an application form or contact Hugh Van Wagenen at 801-785-7687. Note: This is a "volunteer" position, hence unpaid.
Historic Preservation Commission
Life in Lindon didn't always include sidewalks, street lights, or paved roads.
A brochure identifying 18 historical sites in Lindon is available at the Community Development Department. It was developed with assistance and funding from the Lindon Historical Preservation Committee and the Utah Division of State History. The brochure is meant to be a self-guided tour and identifies many of the existing historical markers already in town. Click here for a pdf of the brochure. Each site has a brief description, the address and a photo of the building or site. It is hoped that this historical guide will help to remind us of the pioneers who settled this area and their dedication in making Lindon a thriving, beautiful place to live. Some of the buildings in the guide are no longer standing; however, visiting these sites may allow us to visualize the places of residence, work and worship of our honored Lindon settlers. For a copy of the brochure, or further written information on the history of Lindon, please contact the Lindon City Center at 100 N. State Street.
Historic Commission seeks to preserve LDS tithing office
The Historic Commission is seeking financial assistance to help fund preservation of the Lindon historic LDS tithing office located at 319 North 135 West. Those interested in donating or supporting the preservation effort may contact Adam Cowie, at 801-785-7687 for more information. The Daily Herald published an article about the preservation efforts found here.
Historic Commission Chair recognized for service
Above: Former Lindon City Historical Commission Chair, Lynn LeMone (right) and former Commission member Van Ercanbrack stand next to the date block where a new time capsule was placed to commemorate the opening of the Lindon City Community Center. Lynn's service to the community was recognized in a newspaper article published in the Daily Herald. Click here to view article.
Lindon City Community Center
|Original Lindon LDS Chapel on 400 North
1891 - 1941
|Lindon Ward LDS Main Street chapel